Posted: Jul 24, 2017
Incidence of Sexually Transmitted Infections After Human Papillomavirus Vaccination Among Adolescent Females
IMPORTANCE Human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccination rates among US females remain low, in part because of concerns that HPV vaccination may promote unsafe sexual activity by lowering perceived risks of acquiring a sexually transmitted infection (STI). OBJECTIVE To study whether HPV vaccination of females is associated with increases in STI rates.
Download pdf (18 downloads)
Downloaded From: http://archinte.jamanetwork.com/pdfaccess.ashx?url=/data/journals/intemed/933657/ on 04/28/2017
Posted: Nov 15, 2016
HIV infection among youth in South African mining town is associated with herpes simplex virus-2 seropositivity and sexual behaviour
Objectives: To determine the seroprevalence of HIV and herpes simplex virus-2 (HSV-2) by age and gender among young people aged 14-24 years in a South African town and to identify risk factors for HIV infection.
Download pdf (23 downloads)
AUVERT, B., BALLARD, R., CAMPBELL, C., CARAËL, M., CARTON, M., FEHLER, G., GOUWS, E., MACPHAIL, C., TALJAARD, D. & VAN DAM, J. 2001. HIV infection among youth in a South African mining town is associated with herpes simplex virus-2 seropositivity and sexual behaviour. Aids, 15, 885-898
Posted: Nov 15, 2016
Sexually transmitted infections among adolescents
This report addresses the following theoretical and practical questions, drawing on examples from all over the world:
Download pdf (31 downloads)
- What characterizes adolescent sexuality and risk for STIs?
- What data exist on the risk and prevalence of STIs in adolescents?
- What kinds of adolescent sexual and reproductive health services are available generally and, in particular, for treatment of STIs?
- What evidence is there that current programmes and programme approaches for delivering STI services are successful in reaching adolescents who need those services?
- To what extent is an adolescent-specific approach to STI services warranted, and to what extent is an STI-specific approach to adolescent health services warranted?
DEHNE, K. L. & RIEDNER, G. 2005. Sexually transmitted infections among adolescents. The need for adequate health services. Geneva Swutzerland: World Health Organization